Search this blog


Home About Contact
2008-07-25

Friday Randomness  

It's Friday!! YESS!!!!! I made it through another week, thank God. A friend told me that I needed to update my blog, and then another friend updated hers...inspiring me to come up with some random musings of my own ;-)

Sadness or confusion usually inspires me to blog...it helps clear my head and provides me with peace and sanity. So when things are peachy, as they often are, then it's difficult for me to draw inspiration. My wonderful friend also made an excellent point that sometimes maybe I don't blog about things because there's so much going on...that I don't want to write it down. People just may not get
it.

Random Rundown

  1. I love my boyfriend...he's my love drug. Often times I blog about the diffucult thoughts I have and not the wonderful times we have. So let me say that sometimes I don't give him enough credit (on this blog) for the wonderful man that he is. The man that I love, the man who makes me smile, the man who makes my soul smile, the man who makes my toes curl, the man who makes my heart sing, the man who can laugh and it brings peace to my soul...I could go on and on, but I won't...I'll just say that he's very special and when I close my eyes and imagine him, I get tingles and this warm feeling that runs straight up and down the inside of my body...yeah that's a love drug.
  2. So if you start a relationship with someone by breaking up an existing one, does that mean the relationship is bound to fail or does that just make it that much more difficult? I find it very difficult to accept the fact that people can break up happy/unhappy homes, regardless they're still homes, and think that God is going to smile upon that. What gives you the right or the audacity to stroll into someone else's relationship and break it up? Why are you waiting in the wings, talking to someone else's man/woman behind their back and then when the relationship fails (big surprise since you placed yourself there by any means necessary) you happily step right into the place of the previous woman/man. Yeah I guess his/her previous relationship did fail...but that's because you stayed right up in the middle instead of leaving well enough alone...then you try to perpetrate as a friend...PUH-LEASE you aren't fooling anyone, not even yourself.
  3. Black in America: to me, the black men was the best. It saddened me for a moment to see 2/3 of the children of a black family with white women. It really did...then I asked myself do I have an issue with interracial marriage...and the answer is no. I'm not sure why it didn't sit well with me, perhaps because they portrayed all of the successful black people with white friends or white husbands/wives...and there are plenty that have successful black friends/husbands/wives as well. Those weren't shown. Then I had to remind myself that it's a reality in our culture to have successful black men date white women or for majority of our children to be born to single mothers. Just because it's not a reality for me, doesn't mean it does not occur. A lot of time was spent examining the issues, but not the solutions. At the end of the day it leaves you wondering...why are we where we are and what can we do to move forward from here? I think some time should have been spent exploring that aspect. And WHY were ALL the black men interviewed either with white friends/women and successful, in jail, or not taking care of their kids??? What about the successful black couple??? Where were they??? I realize that this may not be a majority but it exists...it's my family and about 70% of my friends' families as well. All successful black men don't chose white women and have white friends. Simply not true. Some of them may and that's their right, but I couldn't find my boyfriend or my male friends in the special...where are these wonderful young brothers? Why didn't CNN pause to give them a moment to shine?
  4. When you're young and you look young...why do some people in the corporate world think they can run all over you? No, I'm not a secretary. No, I'm not your secretary. No, I will not do your grunt work. No, I will not go to endless meetings with you just because it makes you feel important to be in repetitive meetings. This is why we need a shorter work week or telecommuting...so I don't SMACK somebody. lol. Some people just pluck my nerves to NO END! But I guess that's life and that's work and I could be unemployed. So I'll smile and be polite, I won't smack anyone...but I certainly won't be pushed around either.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments: to “ Friday Randomness

  • E. "Bluntastic" Pizzler, the Fourth
    July 28, 2008 at 12:47 PM  

    1. I know what its like to have a LOVE DRUG..."you got me soooo addicted!!"

    Sing it Raheem :)

    2. I don't even know where to begin on this one. I've seen it time and time again. And you're most definitely right...God don't like UGLY!

    3. There's so much I could say to this....I think it does disturb me. Its one thing if someone does truly love someone. But to only show the images of "success" with black men that solely have white friends or white wives. RIDICULOUS. I may have a hard time b/c I'm a fan of good ole fashioned black love. and I LOVE to see successful, happy, intelligent, black couples together defying the odds. There's nothing more attractive to me than a black male. And I think we were designed to complete them. At the same token, it's not my job to convince everyone else of this...I'm just glad I convinced my big, ole, handsome, strong, intelligent BLACK man that I complete him :)
    4. Corporate America....KICK ROCKS!!

    LOL

    LOVE YA PYT! :)

  • BMUnanimous
    July 30, 2008 at 10:05 AM  

    Positivity sounds so good. Keep em coming...

  • Anonymous
    August 9, 2008 at 12:24 AM  

    I love your post! It's sounds like something I would write. I started a relationship, by ending another one - and it has been the best thing to happen to me, so my theory is that "no" - it doesn't mean is destined for failure -- but it does add a level of complexity to things.

    Oh - and I SO hated Black in America, don't even get me started on that girl... :~)