Search this blog


Home About Contact
2008-10-14

Tuesday Randomness  

As I dragged myself out of bed this morning, I began to have random thoughts that just started appearing out of nowhere...perhaps from a state of sleep deprivation. Anyway...

Why is it that sometimes something can bother you and you just can't shake it and other times things seem to roll off your back very easily? Is this depending on the person who's offended you, or is it you being crazy?

Why don't the toilet paper rolls at work have "sheets?" It's just one huge roll and it really bothers me that I can't tear off a perfect sqare or "sheet." Perhaps it's cheaper to buy it with no "sheets" so that's what employers opt to do?

Why do only state and government agencies mostly recognize Columbus Day? Was Columbus not great enough for everyone to get his day off? If not, then why does he have a holiday in the first place? I mean what's the point of a holiday if no one celebrates it?

Why are people judging Barack Obama by his skin color and his name rather than the content of his character? Did I miss something, or are we not responsible for choosing our own names? Excuse me mom, but I'd rather be named Bob instead of Barack. Excuse me God, but I'd rather be white because life is easier that way and people don't always assume you know the latest rap or foolish hip hop song. or that your family has gold teeth. or my personal favorite that your church is like Rev. Wright's.

Why didn't I get a house based on what every bank told me I could afford? I guess the smart people are either in apartments or houses they can afford? Yeah, they definitely are...

Why did I try a recipe last night randomly from the back of the stuffing box and it was delicious? No seriously, it was pretty good...delicious may be a stretch, but definitely good comfort food and it had like 5 ingredients, can we say cheap?

Why do people always ask the woman who's been in a relationship if they're close to being engaged? Isn't that the man's job to propose? I'm just saying...How is she supposed to know when he's going to ask or if they're close? And why is it that people look at her unsatisfactorily when she says yes, we've talked about it?

Why don't people care that a state investigator reported that Palin did in fact abuse her power and put unfair pressure on her suboordinates to get her brother-in-law fired? If Biden did that, is it fair to say the GOP would be all over it?

Why in the new blogger does the spellcheck only show up sometimes? Like it has a mind of it's own..."nah, I don't feel like checking your words today."

Why do I watch the Hills on Mondays now only so I can take the online fashion & beauty quizzes posted by the Sugar network that are like 5 questions each? Sad, but true...the Hills is letting me down this season.

Okay, I think that's it for now...

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ Tuesday Randomness

  • E. "Bluntastic" Pizzler, the Fourth
    October 14, 2008 at 3:44 PM  

    Much of your Tuesday randomness I don't have an answer for. Just more questions to your questions...

    Things we all think about, including the Hills, LOL. Good post!

  • PYT
    October 14, 2008 at 3:52 PM  

    One more random thought...why when riding the train or in a public spot, when you flip to a page in Glamour about "sex" or "orgasms" does it become do embarrassing and you quickly turn the page so that no one thinks you'd actually read that garbage portion of the magazine?